Fantasia is the third film in the Disney Animated Classics canon.
None of the music in Fantasia was written for the film. It employs classical music (in the broad sense of the term) by various composers. Many of the pieces were shortened and/or re-orchestrated for the purpose of the film.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Toccata and Fugue in D Minor BWV 565
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Nutcracker Suite Op. 71a
- Paul Dukas – The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- Igor Stravinsky – The Rite of Spring
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 6 in F, Op.68 "Pastorale"
- Amilcare Ponchielli – La Gioconda: Dance of the Hours
- Modest Mussorgsky – Night on Bald Mountain
- Franz Schubert – Ave Maria
A sequence was animated to accompany Claude Debussy's Clair de Lune but was dropped due to the film's already-long running time; the animation was recut and rescored to be used in the 1946 film Make Mine Music. A number of other segments were proposed or even storyboarded but did not make the final cut; several of these were used in the 2000 film Fantasia 2000.
The following audio recordings are specific to this title:
The following publications are specific to this title: